2nd Part – Installing Exchange server 2010 Rolls.
Hello again everyone,
in previous article we talked about Exchange Server 2010 Prerequisites, Now we will see how to install different Exchange server roll.
Exchange CAS/HT Server
Mount the installation Media for Microsoft Exchange server 2010 ,
- in the first screen Under Install > Choose Exchange Language Option ,select ” Install only languages from the DVD ”
- Select Step 4 ” Install Microsoft Exchange.
- in the installation wizard click next
- in the next page read the Agreement , then select ” I accept terms in the license …”
- click Next
- in the Error Reporting page select “No” and then click Next
- In the Installation Type Page , select “Custom Exchange Server Installation”
- Change the Path of the installation Folder if you want ” i will leave it to default”.
- In the Server Role Selection, select the Exchange server roles you want to install on the Computer.
- in this step we will select CAS/HT roles, Then Click Next.
- in “Configure Client Access server External Domain” Page , leave it to default and click next ( you can edit that later from the Exchange Management Console)
- In “Customer Experience Improvement Program” , Choose “I don’t wish to join the Program at this time”.
- Click Next and wait for the Wizard To check for all the Prerequisites, then Click Install
- After Installation is done Click Finish.
Exchange Mailbox Server.
- To Install the Mailbox server role in the Computer ,do same till you reach the “Role Selection” Page. select Mailbox Role.
- Click Next and in the next page Give the Name you want to use for your exchange Organization.
- Click Next
- In The Client Setting Page, Select No as an answer for “Do You have any client computers running Outlook 2003 or entourage in your Organization?” unless you are upgrading from Exchange 2003 to 2010 in which this is not the article for you.
Click next and continue with the same steps as in Installing CAS\HT.
Exchange Unified Messaging Server
- in the “select Server Roles” Page , Select Unified Messaging And click Next
- And follow up the Same Steps as in CAS\HT server roles.
Exchange Edge Server.
- In the Computer that will act as your Exchange Edge ( should not be joined to the Domain)
- In “Select Server Roles” page , select “Edge Transport Role” and Click Next.
- click next
- Follow the Same Steps as in installing CAS/HT server.
in my next Post i will talk about how to configure Your Exchange Server.