Today while i was trying to configure my work Email account on my iPhone 4 and my colleague iPhone 3 .
configuration was ok , but when i opened the inbox on my iPhone it gave me an error says ” cannot communicate with the server ” .
i checked my Exchange CAS for errors i found the following error in the Event Log,
“Exchange ActiveSync doesn’t have sufficient permissions to create the “Users” container Under Active Directory user …… “
Event ID = 1053 , Source MSExchange Activesync
Basically it’s because the Inheriting Permission granted to the user.
to fix this problem simply ( Of course you need to be a Domain Administrator ) , log onto your Domain Controller . and do the following ,
- Open “Active Directory Users and Computers”
- select the user account that facing the Problem.
- right Click the user and select Properties.
- go the “Security Tab”
- click on Advanced
- make sure that “Include inheritable Permissions From the object’s parent”
- Click Apply , then Ok
- Try Again after a while on your iPhone and it will work.
This fixed it for me. hope it work for you.